Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hand-me-down Phones

My Dad bought himself a new cellphone. I don't rly know what the name is 'cause I'm no technophile. All I know is that it uses one of those pen thingees and that you use to touch the screen or whatever. Since that phone can hold two SIM cards, he'll be giving away (I make it sound like he's a host or whatever,) his two cellphones.

He made me choose between (again, I don't know all the names of the phones) the one with the camera or the one with the radio. I chose the one with the radio. I figured that I can always borrow the digicam, anyways.

Hm, to be honest, I was never addicted to texting. Granted, I begged my parents for a phone back when I was in fifth or sixth grade but I never really got to the phase where in I would be so distracted by my phone that it'd be confiscated. And yes, I sometimes avail of the Unlitxt promo of Globe but I was never 'addicted'.

I know some (no, actually, A LOT of)people who socialize more in texting compared in real life. Weird. Maybe they find it easier than 'real life' because you don't rly have to worry about what you're going to say through text 'cause you can edit them as much as you like. You can analyze your text and if it can be perceived in some other way you want it to be perceived, you can edit it out. Maybe that's why people seem more friendly through text.

So if someone says that that person is friendly/nice/whatever because 'naka-text ko siya eh,' I don't buy it. Idk. I guess I have to know them for real to believe it.

Weird thing though. I don't find any trouble when I'm making friends in cyberspace. Haha!

Well, through text or in cyberspace, I have this excellent radar on who's being pretentious and who's the WYSIWYG type of person. So I tend to stay away from those I don't rly like to be chummy with.

1 comment:

TAMMY..! said...

So if someone says that that person is friendly/nice/whatever because 'naka-text ko siya eh,' I don't buy it. Idk. I guess I have to know them for real to believe it.

Lol, ako din XD Andami kasing IBA pag sa net :> XDD