Sunday, June 22, 2008

Voltes V cannot solve everything.

It's weird. When we were young and running around in diapers we didn't give a damn who we talk to, who we make friends with or with whom we share our food. There was just this 'I don't give a fuck who you are, just as long as you don't steal my toys' attitude when we're young; and as time passes we lose that kind of thinking. We grow cautious to the point that saying the friendliest 'Hi!' is so hard.

We visited our relatives in Las Pinas last month. I'm not really familiar with them, but I do recognize them from the old photo albums of my parents' wedding and my first birthday. When my dad mentioned that I used to play with my second cousins loads of times when I was young, it was kind of hard to imagine. I wanted to be friends with them again but it's not as easy back in the day when all I have to say is ‘Hey, can I borrow your Voltes V robot?’.

I wish I was child again. All these complicated things that goes with adulthood is kind of tiring.

No comments: